August 2021 - NEW Gala Safety Measures
Our commitment to health and wellness has never been more relevant than it is today, and we remain steadfast in keeping our community safe and healthy. The Wellness Place Board of Directors is announcing new safety measures for our “8th Annual Gala”, hosted on Saturday, September 18, 2021 at the Wenatchee Convention Center.
More than ever before, you can be certain that we will work hard to keep our communities as safe as possible by implementing these plans:
- We will require masks to be worn at all times, unless eating or drinking. We will award fun prizes during the evening for “Best and Most Creative Decorated Masks”!
- We request all unvaccinated individuals, and those with symptoms, refrain from attending the event.
- We have substantially decreased the room capacity from 600 guests to only 240, to help ensure adequate space. Be sure to get your tickets before they sell out!
- We have changed each table accomodate 6 guests (instead of the normal 10).
- We will have individual sealed bags including silverware, cloth napkin, drinking glass, water bottle, hand sanitizer and tissues at each place setting.
- We will have your covered plated dinner delivered right to your place setting by the Convention Center waitstaff.
- We have designed a program to avoid lines and enhance social distancing, including alleviating the check-in/check-out table. Registered guests will be sent an invitation to check-in online. We will then send an email with the table assignment and their bid packet will be waiting at their seat. Winning bidders will be emailed an invoice for online payment for easy check-out.
- We have changed the in-person silent auction items to an online auction opening at 8:00am on Friday, September 10 and closing at 9:00pm on Friday, September 17, 2021.
- The live auction with local auctioneer Cody Hodge will continue at the event
We are all on an unusual journey together, and we recognize the need for caution while we resume much anticipated social interaction and celebration. We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we strive to honor our cancer warriors by holding this fundraising event. Your continued support of Wellness Place enables our organization to give freely to those journeying through a cancer diagnosis. Gala tickets and information are online at www.WellnessPlaceGala.org, or for questions, please contact Wellplace Place Executive Director, Julie Lindholm, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-888-9933.
Wellness Place Board of Directors